Monday, September 26, 2011

Autumn wedding card



Another card for a co-worker and dear friend. She showed me the wedding invitation for guidance on the colors and theme. Sooooo, rather than, you know, going outside and picking up real leaves, I went to my trusty Cricut!
The leaves were cut at 4 1/2" from A Child's Year cartridge. I then squeezed most of the moisture out of a wet wipe and inked it using various contrasting fall colors which I then dabbed on the leaves. I let the leaves partially dry, then sprayed the leaves with Snow Queen Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. The spray spread the ink a little bit, giving a nice natural mottled look to the leaves. I then let them fully dry before applying to the card. The sentiments were stamped, and I used various scraps and bits and pieces for the rest of the card.
Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment